8 Ways to Bring More Laughter Into Your Life
by Julie Weinstock
As someone who has recently endeavored in spreading smiles professionally, it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise to all of you that I’m writing this blog.
Laughter is my favorite. So I’m going to give you all the full walk-through:
1) Don’t be afraid to get silly.
Drunk Yoga classes are all about this for a reason. Break free. Dance around. Twerk around. Belt out notes like you’re Beyoncé. Maybe you ARE Beyoncé. (Okay, probably not but work with me here)
2) If you get someone else to laugh, you’re 800% more likely to be laughing, too.
(Even if it’s just on the inside) Don’t be afraid to go that extra mile to get a grin out of your friends, family, or even someone you don’t know that looks like they could use a little cheering up today.
3) When times get stressful, aside from recipes and ideas for bachelorette parties, Pinterest also offers pics of the most adorable dogs you’ve ever seen.
(Not that I discovered this when I originally downloaded the app for writing tips and got distracted by the 800 Frenchies that *mysteriously* got recommended for my feed)
4) Ellen DeGeneres pranks (or really any Ellen DeGeneres segments) are also always a safe go-to *If you haven’t seen them yet, watch Ellen’s pranks with David Beckham* (“Do I smell cheetos?”)
5) A wise CEO, yoga instructor, and friend once told me, “Sometimes in life, you just need a dose of f*ck it.” (This one will dramatically change the way you live for the better) #yogisknow
6) Have you ever tried tickling?
7) Please don’t try that last one at home. Or on me. (Especially not on me)
8) If you read this far, I hope you started to smile or at least laugh how ridiculous this all is (but also, essential)
At the end of the day, I think our ability to others joy is the most important in the world. If we can’t help others, what’s the point?
I’m grateful every day to receive the opportunity to make a difference in other’s lives, even if it is through something as “out-there” as Drunk Yoga. I hope if you read this far, you choose to spread smiles/laughter today in some way, shape, or form. You have no idea of the difference you could make <3